Wednesday, April 7, 2010

For the past seven years following my graduation from Seattle University with a degree in English, Creative Writing, I diverged from the path of writing and worked as a graphic designer. After years in the industry I have a desire to move onwards and upward in my own experience. Currently I am working towards a degree in Web Design as a means to an end for bridging the growing gap between graphic art and communication over the World Wide Web. I am also working towards finishing writing my first science fiction novel which I hope to have completed in first draft form by the end of June. Following the completiong of the novel draft I hope to utilize my abilities as a web designer to market and display my writing in new, interesting and effective ways as I continue to grow both my graphic and web skills, but my writing and storytelling skills as well.

In the past my graphic desing approaches have focused on working with small businesses. My goal in this industry has been to use design to effectively display the true nature of the company in a clean and clear way that optimally represents the mission and personality of the company. During this pursuit I have worked as the creative director for both a nationwide hospitality and room service company, as well as a regional holisitic healthcare center. Working in different genres of the industry has given me a unique insight ingo the needs and desires of individual companies and what to expect in many reals of the industry.

As a writer, I have been working towards completing and publishing science fiction and fantasy novels for the past ten years. Until recently I have given up on my pursuits before the job was finished. But now I have found true drive and work ehtic combined with a truly great story idea that is pushing me to the end until is is completed by the end of June of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment