Wednesday, April 14, 2010

EOC Week 2 - Customer Service Experience

Bad Customer Service Experience:
One poor customer service experience that stands out in my mind is a time when I dealt with Adobe. I was contemplating obtaining A.C.E. (Adobe Certified Expert) certifications for several different pieces of software available through their software suite. Unfortunately the explanations for the certifications or the education were not very clear so I called the support line. After several minutes of very frustrating dialogue with two different operators in India, it was determined that they neither had any information on what was looking for (information on their certifications and training available on their website), nor did they even have a phone number for me to call their corporate office to speak with someone that would know. Needless to say, while I like Adobe products, I would rather trim my fingers nails with a hacksaw then call Adobe customer service again.

Good Customer Service Experience:
I have owned Dell computers for a number of years and they have always been used to run Adobe software products. Typically they have been very trouble free. However, on rare occasions when I have had to call customer service, as in recently when my mother board began to burn out, I have met with swift and pleasing results. Point in fact, on this last occasion when I called, I was connected to a representative in India (which I'm not overly fond of considering the unfortunate language barrier), and after only a few minutes of testing via phone, a conclusion was met that I required a certain level of service (replacement of my motherboard). Less than 24 hours later a technician with new parts was on my doorstep and my computer was fixed. A perfect example of why you always pay extra for the warranty when it comes to delicate and important electronic equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment